Friday, April 28, 2017

Project Update 3

I am currently trying out a couple new ideas for spawning and movement of the enemy artificial intelligence of my game.  I am also smoothing out the rate at which the enemies can attack and trying to gauge how much damage and hit points each enemy will receive.  The first way that I am modifying the rate at which the enemies will attack is either going to be a timer, so that each time they attack a cool down is forced upon them or have a variable that generates a random number and do mod functions on the variable.  Either one of these ideas should help so that the player does not get bombarded with attacks from the enemy AI.  I am still looking into different ways to limit the mobility for the enemy and am looking at limiting where they can wander around in the world.  I am using a few different tutorials to get inspiration and help with my game.  One tutorial I am following is by Jimmy Vegas who does unity and other RPG tutorials.  His videos are really helping with the visual aspect of my game so far.  Another tutorial I am watching is by Brackeys, who does a similar content with Jimmy Vegas.  He is helping me with the mechanical side of the game i.e. the combat and monster spawning/movement.  I occasionally go to the unity page and watch a couple of there tutorials in the learning section of there website.




Jimmy Vegas here- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRMXHQ2rJ9_0CHS7mhL7erg
Brackys here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYbK_tjZ2OrIZFBvU6CCMiA
Unity here - https://unity3d.com/learn

No comments:

Post a Comment